Monday, July 18, 2011

Before I go to sleep by SJ watson


Before I Go to Sleep


Before I Go to Sleep


'As I sleep, my mind will erase everything I did today. I will wake up tomorrow as I did this morning. Thinking I'm still a child. Thinking I have a whole lifetime of choice ahead of me ...' Memories define us. So what if you lost yours every time you went to sleep? Your name, your identity, your past, even the people you love - all forgotten overnight. And the one person you trust may only be telling you half the story. Welcome to Christine's life.
Published June 14th 2011 by Harper
ISBN
0062060554 (ISBN13: 9780062060556)
















really didn't have any idea what to expect form this novel. I was very pleasantly surprised. The comparison between this story and the movie," 50 First dates” is inevitable. There is really no comparison, other than both main characters have amnesia and forget everything when they sleep. They awake each day with no memory. The similarities end there. This novel has believable characters and an interesting plot. The plot has some surprising twists that I did not anticipate. The confusion that is created in the main character related to her amnesia was very effective and totally believable. This book is set in the UK and many times I feel like the blond at the party when reading British novels, I just don't get it. I did not experience that “blond” feeling at all while reading this novel. This is easily one of the better books I have read recently. I highly recommend it!
Many thanks to GoodReads  and Harper Collins for the opportunity to read and review this book.  

No comments: