Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dominance by Will Lavender ISBN:978-4516-1729-0

Advance review : coming in July 2011 from Simon & Schuster


Dominance by Will Lavender

My advance copy came by UPS in the middle of a snow storm. The poor UPS driver got stuck in our driveway and had to be towed!  It worth all the trouble to get this book  into my hands...

Dominance is a "who dun it" murder mystery.  Complete with a cast of interesting characters called together in an old mansion. That is where the comparison to the formula murder mystery ends.  This book is a quick paced easy read with unexpected plot twists.  Just when you think you have it all figured out, the author reveals information that changes everything!


The book bounces between present day and 1994 when the cast of characters were in undergraduate school and part a unique class.  I have to admit that I kept getting the students in the class confused.  Just about the time I was reaching frustration, Will Lavender thoughtfully included a summary of all the students in chapter 18!

After reaching the end of this book I have the urge to re-read the whole book now that I know "Who Dun It".  I never did have it all figured out.  I think it would be an entirely different read know the ending!  I loved that this book kept me guessing to the very end.  That is the mark of a  great  mystery! I am looking forward to the next Will Lavender book.

No comments: